The privacy of our clients, employees, and staffing representatives is important to Bluesky Personnel Inc. (referred to as “we” or “us” or “the service provider” in this policy) and the purpose of this policy is to inform you what personal information we collect, how we use it, what may be disclosed to others, how long we keep it, and how you can request access to your personal information or obtain more information about Bluesky Personnel Inc. privacy policies.
Personal information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business e-mail address, business telephone number or business fax number.
Please Note: Names, addresses, and telephone numbers listed in the telephone or other directories are not considered to be personal information.
We are responsible for protecting personal information in our control. We have designated our President to be accountable for our compliance with this policy and the privacy legislation. If you wish to contact our President you may do so by one of the following methods:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 7111 Syntex Drive, 3rd Floor, Mississauga, ON, L5N 8C3
Attention: Julie Labrie, President
Personal Information Collected top
We collect appropriate and pertinent personal information whenever you engage in one or more of the following with Bluesky Personnel Inc. directly or through our clients or staffing services representatives. Personal information may be collected verbally or non-verbally. Although you are registered, dispatched and supervised by the service provider you are technically an employee of The Staffing Edge do this information is also sent to The Staffing Edge and sometimes the claims management company (DFM Corporation) when required for purposes of WSIB claims and HR disciplinary issues.
- Application for employment;
- Inquiry regarding employment availability;
- Contact with any of our staffing service representatives or the staffing service representatives of the Staffing Edge;
- Any communication/ conversations where information is offered.
Personal information may include one, some, or all of the following information about you:
- name, address, and telephone number;
- personal facsimile number and email address;
- occupation (current and past);
- work history;
- pay history;
- language preference;
- date of birth (we only require to know if you are over 18 and under 65 for purposes of Canada Pension) or actual date of birth for benefits purposes or if requested by WSIB in the event of a work place injury;
- social insurance number, work permit number, and other identification;
- banking information for direct deposit;
- driver’s license number or other photo identification;
- marital status only if needed for benefits application;
- personal emergency contact information;
- hours worked;
- physical limitations and capabilities for job offered;
- credentials to support training and / or education.
Please Note: Social Insurance Number and/or work permit number is required by law at time of hire.
Safeguarding Personal Information top
We use your personal information for the purposes listed below. Access to your personal information is restricted to the our staffing service representatives who need access to perform their work.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used for one or more of the following reasons related to providing customer service to you:
- provide employment services including references and employment confirmation;
- obtain personal benefits;
- provide referral to clients;
- process payment by cheque or direct deposit;
- provide updates and information regarding services;
- follow-up to obtain your feedback on our level of service.
Disclosing or Sharing Personal Information top
We do not sell your personal information to any outside source. We may be required to share some or all of your personal information with third party service providers including the following:
- prospective and existing clients;
- financial institutions (re: direct deposit);
- insurance companies (re: benefits);
- staffing services representatives (re: quality assessment and risk management);
- claims and HR management company (DFM Corporation).
We may also disclose your personal information when we are required or permitted to do so by law — Canada Customs, WSIB, Courts, and other government agencies.
Retention and Disposition of Personal Information top
We retain your personal information for the time that we believe you are referable for employment. When there are legal requirements related to the retention period of personal information, we will comply with those requirements. Personal information will be safeguarded against unauthorized access to avoid misuse and fraudulent use.
Personal information will be disposed after the appropriate retention period using approved methods including electronic file deletion and paper shredding.
A matrix is provided in Appendix A identifying the personal information we collect, how we use it, what may be disclosed to others, and how long we keep it. This Appendix A forms a part of your application and your signature demonstrates your informed consent.
Your Rights to Limit Use of Personal Information top
The personal information that we collect is necessary to provide you with services related to your qualification, placement, and ongoing employment. Personal information is also used to build and maintain our relationship with you to serve you better.
If you wish to limit collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our President who is also our privacy officer to discuss how we may honour your request and still continue to provide acceptable level of service.
Questions and Concerns top